arrow-site.git
11 hours agoUpdate tustvold role to PMC (#243) master
Andrew Lamb [Sat, 1 Oct 2022 10:38:22 +0000 (06:38 -0400)] 
Update tustvold role to PMC (#243)

3 days agoExclude ballista from being deleted (#241)
Andy Grove [Wed, 28 Sep 2022 14:22:20 +0000 (08:22 -0600)] 
Exclude ballista from being deleted (#241)

8 days agoMINOR: Link to Rust crate documentation and Julia package repository (#239)
Matthijs Brobbel [Fri, 23 Sep 2022 19:52:06 +0000 (21:52 +0200)] 
MINOR: Link to Rust crate documentation and Julia package repository (#239)

2 weeks agoAdd Yanghong Zhong as committer (#232)
Andrew Lamb [Fri, 16 Sep 2022 10:30:21 +0000 (06:30 -0400)] 
Add Yanghong Zhong as committer (#232)

* Add Yanghong Zhong as committer

* Update _data/committers.yml

2 weeks agoUpdate committer information for Weston Pace (#234)
Andrew Lamb [Mon, 12 Sep 2022 19:29:12 +0000 (15:29 -0400)] 
Update committer information for Weston Pace (#234)

2 weeks agoAdd HaoYang670 to committers list (#233)
Andrew Lamb [Mon, 12 Sep 2022 17:04:27 +0000 (13:04 -0400)] 
Add HaoYang670 to committers list (#233)

* Add HaoYang670 to committers list

* Update _data/committers.yml

2 weeks agoUpdate affliation for Kun Liu and Raphael Taylor-Davis (#235)
Andrew Lamb [Mon, 12 Sep 2022 13:27:08 +0000 (09:27 -0400)] 
Update affliation for Kun Liu and Raphael Taylor-Davis (#235)

2 weeks agoUpdate committer information for viirya (#231)
Andrew Lamb [Sun, 11 Sep 2022 11:59:19 +0000 (07:59 -0400)] 
Update committer information for viirya (#231)

* Update committer information for viirya

* PMC

6 weeks agoVersion 9.0.0 release blog post (#227)
Raúl Cumplido [Tue, 16 Aug 2022 07:07:57 +0000 (09:07 +0200)] 
Version 9.0.0 release blog post (#227)

Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Eric Erhardt <eric.erhardt@microsoft.com>
Co-authored-by: Antoine Pitrou <antoine@python.org>
Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Dominik Moritz <domoritz@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Larry White <ljw1001@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Ian Cook <ianmcook@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Joris Van den Bossche <jorisvandenbossche@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
Co-authored-by: Weston Pace <weston.pace@gmail.com>
8 weeks ago[Website] Add release note for 9.0.0 (#229)
Krisztián Szűcs [Fri, 5 Aug 2022 05:11:11 +0000 (07:11 +0200)] 
[Website] Add release note for 9.0.0 (#229)

2 months agoMINOR: [Website] Correct two typos in powerd_by.md (#226)
Alenka Frim [Fri, 29 Jul 2022 01:19:20 +0000 (03:19 +0200)] 
MINOR: [Website] Correct two typos in powerd_by.md (#226)

2 months agoARROW-17243: [Website] Add ClickHouse to "powered by"
Alexey Milovidov [Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:05:16 +0000 (13:05 -0400)] 
ARROW-17243: [Website] Add ClickHouse to "powered by"

Closes #225 from alexey-milovidov/patch-1:

Authored-by: Alexey Milovidov <milovidov@clickhouse.com>
Signed-off-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
2 months agoMINOR: Update committer info for mtopol (#224)
Matt Topol [Mon, 25 Jul 2022 20:44:45 +0000 (16:44 -0400)] 
MINOR: Update committer info for mtopol (#224)

2 months agoBump terser from 5.5.1 to 5.14.2 (#223)
dependabot[bot] [Wed, 20 Jul 2022 05:26:30 +0000 (14:26 +0900)] 
Bump terser from 5.5.1 to 5.14.2 (#223)

Bumps [terser](https://github.com/terser/terser) from 5.5.1 to 5.14.2.
- [Release notes](https://github.com/terser/terser/releases)
- [Changelog](https://github.com/terser/terser/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md)
- [Commits](https://github.com/terser/terser/commits)

---
updated-dependencies:
- dependency-name: terser
  dependency-type: indirect
...

Signed-off-by: dependabot[bot] <support@github.com>
Co-authored-by: dependabot[bot] <49699333+dependabot[bot]@users.noreply.github.com>
2 months agoMINOR: [Website] Add Jacob, Alenka, Dewey and Rok to commiters (#221)
Rok Mihevc [Wed, 6 Jul 2022 07:57:38 +0000 (09:57 +0200)] 
MINOR: [Website] Add Jacob, Alenka, Dewey and Rok to commiters (#221)

3 months agoARROW-16846: [Website] June 2022 Rust Apache Arrow and Parquet 16.0.0 Highlights...
Andrew Lamb [Thu, 16 Jun 2022 21:00:13 +0000 (17:00 -0400)] 
ARROW-16846: [Website] June 2022 Rust Apache Arrow and Parquet 16.0.0 Highlights (#220)

* June 2022 Rust Apache Arrow and Parquet 16.0.0 Highlights

* Update _posts/2022-06-11-rust-16.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Raphael Taylor-Davies <1781103+tustvold@users.noreply.github.com>
* Minor edits

* Remove todos, clean up links

* Add more links, small edits

* style and typos

* Date for publishing

Co-authored-by: Raphael Taylor-Davies <1781103+tustvold@users.noreply.github.com>
Co-authored-by: Wakahisa <nevilledips@gmail.com>
3 months agoUpdate mrkn's affiliation (#219)
Kenta Murata [Wed, 8 Jun 2022 12:17:33 +0000 (21:17 +0900)] 
Update mrkn's affiliation (#219)

4 months agoARROW-16583: [Website] Fix broken links in 6.0.0-release post (#216)
Shoichi Kagawa [Tue, 24 May 2022 12:33:48 +0000 (21:33 +0900)] 
ARROW-16583: [Website] Fix broken links in 6.0.0-release post (#216)

https://arrow.apache.org/blog/2021/11/04/6.0.0-release/

4 months agominor updates to DataFusion 8.0.0 blog post (#218)
Andy Grove [Wed, 18 May 2022 11:19:07 +0000 (05:19 -0600)] 
minor updates to DataFusion 8.0.0 blog post (#218)

4 months agoARROW-16595: [WEBSITE] DataFusion 8.0.0 release blog post (#217)
Andy Grove [Wed, 18 May 2022 10:44:20 +0000 (04:44 -0600)] 
ARROW-16595: [WEBSITE] DataFusion 8.0.0 release blog post (#217)

* DataFusion 8.0.0 release blog post

* fix committer count

* formatting, add link to proposal

* formatting

* Proposed wording improvements

* minor fix

* Update _posts/2022-05-16-datafusion-8.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Jiayu Liu <Jimexist@users.noreply.github.com>
* Update _posts/2022-05-16-datafusion-8.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Jiayu Liu <Jimexist@users.noreply.github.com>
* Update _posts/2022-05-16-datafusion-8.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Jiayu Liu <Jimexist@users.noreply.github.com>
* Update _posts/2022-05-16-datafusion-8.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Jiayu Liu <Jimexist@users.noreply.github.com>
* Update _posts/2022-05-16-datafusion-8.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Jiayu Liu <Jimexist@users.noreply.github.com>
* Update _posts/2022-05-16-datafusion-8.0.0.md

Oxford comma FTW

Co-authored-by: Jiayu Liu <Jimexist@users.noreply.github.com>
Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
Co-authored-by: Jiayu Liu <Jimexist@users.noreply.github.com>
4 months agoVersion 8.0.0 release blog post (#207)
Raúl Cumplido [Mon, 16 May 2022 01:12:40 +0000 (03:12 +0200)] 
Version 8.0.0 release blog post (#207)

Co-authored-by: Raúl Cumplido <raulcumplido@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Antoine Pitrou <antoine@python.org>
Co-authored-by: Joris Van den Bossche <jorisvandenbossche@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Kenta Murata <3959+mrkn@users.noreply.github.com>
Co-authored-by: Dominik Moritz <domoritz@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Eric Erhardt <eric.erhardt@microsoft.com>
Co-authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
4 months agoARROW-15937: [Website] Link to stable Flight SQL subproject page
David Li [Thu, 12 May 2022 20:03:10 +0000 (05:03 +0900)] 
ARROW-15937: [Website] Link to stable Flight SQL subproject page

Closes #213 from lidavidm/arrow-15937:

Authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
4 months agoARROW-16514: [Website] Update install page for 8.0.0
Sutou Kouhei [Tue, 10 May 2022 01:44:54 +0000 (10:44 +0900)] 
ARROW-16514: [Website] Update install page for 8.0.0

Closes #211 from kou/install-8.0.0:

Authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
4 months ago[Release] Add missing changelog for 8.0.0 (#210)
Krisztián Szűcs [Mon, 9 May 2022 17:24:47 +0000 (19:24 +0200)] 
[Release] Add missing changelog for 8.0.0 (#210)

4 months ago[Website] Add release note for 8.0.0 (#208)
Krisztián Szűcs [Fri, 6 May 2022 20:56:58 +0000 (22:56 +0200)] 
[Website] Add release note for 8.0.0 (#208)

5 months agoARROW-16411: [Website] Migrate to Matomo from Google Analitics
Sutou Kouhei [Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:08:00 +0000 (05:08 +0900)] 
ARROW-16411: [Website] Migrate to Matomo from Google Analitics

It's for becoming compliant with the GDPR (the European Union's
General Data Protection Regulation).

See also:

* https://privacy.apache.org/policies/privacy-policy-public.html
* https://privacy.apache.org/faq/committers.html

Closes #206 from kou/matomo:

Authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
5 months agoAdd Liang-Chi Hsieh to list of committers (#205)
Andrew Lamb [Wed, 27 Apr 2022 20:40:38 +0000 (16:40 -0400)] 
Add Liang-Chi Hsieh to list of committers (#205)

Reference: https://lists.apache.org/thread/kyrlog8klo6qf4n1p1s2vo464mr22rf2

Co-authored-by: Liang-Chi Hsieh <viirya@gmail.com>
5 months agoARROW-16244: [Website] Arrow for R cheatsheet blog post (#204)
Stephanie Hazlitt [Wed, 27 Apr 2022 14:39:25 +0000 (07:39 -0700)] 
ARROW-16244: [Website] Arrow for R cheatsheet blog post (#204)

* add cheatsheet thumbnail png

* add cheatsheet post md file

* use local contributors for author in yaml

* tweak image+header sizes

* centre png

* edit and use r cookbook url

Co-authored-by: Nicola Crane <thisisnic@gmail.com>
* minor edit

Co-authored-by: Nic Crane <thisisnic@gmail.com>
* add Apache to title

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* add Apache in first ref

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* bump publish date

* update img date

* update filename date

* update thumbnail url

Co-authored-by: Nicola Crane <thisisnic@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
5 months agoUpdate Powered By page to reflect Visual Identity updates
Danielle Navarro [Mon, 11 Apr 2022 22:16:08 +0000 (08:16 +1000)] 
Update Powered By page to reflect Visual Identity updates

5 months agoARROW-16107: [Docs] Update archery crossbox latest-prefix command
Joris Van den Bossche [Mon, 4 Apr 2022 20:23:57 +0000 (05:23 +0900)] 
ARROW-16107: [Docs] Update archery crossbox latest-prefix command

This requires https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/12785 to be merged first, and then should hopefully get the dev docs working again.

Closes #203 from jorisvandenbossche/ARROW-16107:

Authored-by: Joris Van den Bossche <jorisvandenbossche@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
6 months agoARROW-15694: [Dev] Update apache/arrow-site GitHub Actions deploy.yml website deploym...
Kevin Gurney [Mon, 21 Mar 2022 21:48:59 +0000 (06:48 +0900)] 
ARROW-15694: [Dev] Update apache/arrow-site GitHub Actions deploy.yml website deployment workflow to support being triggered when pushing to main

# Overview

As part of the transition away from using the name `master` for the default Git branch, we need to update the GitHub Actions website deployment workflow trigger.

Since there does not appear to be any way to dynamically compute the default Git branch name in a GitHub Actions push trigger condition, this pull request adds support for pushing to either `master` or `main` as a temporary solution.

Once Apache Infra switches the default Git branch for `apache/arrow-site` to `main`, we can completely remove support for triggering the GitHub Actions website deployment workflow from `.github/workflows/deploy.yml` on pushes to `master`. This follow up work is tracked by [ARROW-15988](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-15988).

# Implementation

1. Added `main` branch to `.github/workflows/deploy.yml` push trigger condition.
2. Updated the name of the associated GitHub Actions workflow step to "`Configure for GitHub Pages on push to main or master branch`".
3. I investigated using `${{ github.event.repository.default_branch }}` to dynamically compute the default Git branch name, rather than having to temporarily support both `master` and `main`. However, GitHub Actions does not appear to support this kind of variable expansion in push trigger conditions.

# Testing

1. Manually created a `main` branch in [`mathworks/arrow-site`](https://github.com/mathworks/arrow-site). When I [pushed to `main`](https://github.com/mathworks/arrow-site/actions/runs/2018637196), the `asf-site` website deployment workflow was triggered as expected. The website deployment workflow was also still triggered as expected when I [pushed to `master`](https://github.com/mathworks/arrow-site/actions/runs/2018641684).

# Future Directions

1. We need to completely remove support for triggering the GitHub Actions website deployment workflow when pushing to `master` as soon as Apache Infra switches the default Git branch over to `main` for `apache/arrow-site`. This work is tracked by [ARROW-15988](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-15988).
2. We need to update the actual content of the Apache Arrow website to no longer refer to the "master" branch. This includes updating links, text snippets, and the `README.md` for `arrow-site`. There may also be other files that need to be updated, as well. This work is tracked by [ARROW-15991](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-15991).

# Notes

1. Thank you to @lafiona for her help with this pull request!

Closes #202 from kevingurney/ARROW-15694:

Authored-by: Kevin Gurney <kgurney@mathworks.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
6 months agoARROW-15980: DataFusion-Contrib Announcement Blog Post (#201)
Matthew Turner [Mon, 21 Mar 2022 19:37:09 +0000 (15:37 -0400)] 
ARROW-15980: DataFusion-Contrib Announcement Blog Post (#201)

* python and s3

* Minor fixes

* Add placeholders

* S3 Select

* Details on more repos

* df tokomak

* Tokomak and tui

* datafusion-tui

* Review updates

* Introduce repos and add df streams

6 months agoARROW-15931: [Website] Add explicit Apache LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt files to apache...
Kevin Gurney [Tue, 15 Mar 2022 20:24:39 +0000 (05:24 +0900)] 
ARROW-15931: [Website] Add explicit Apache LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt files to apache/arrow-site repository

# Overview
In order to avoid any potential ambiguity around the licensing of the source code for the Apache Arrow website, it would be helpful to add explicit, top-level `LICENSE.txt` and `NOTICE.txt` files (in line with the main `apache/arrow` website).

Also, this would hopefully encourage more contributions from anyone who might have been unclear on the licensing terms before.

# Implementation
1. We copied Apache 2.0 LICENSE text verbatim from [https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt](https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.txt).
2. We chose the names `LICENSE.txt` and `NOTICE.txt` to be consistent with `apache/arrow`. Note, that the [Apache Infrastructure licensing guidelines](https://infra.apache.org/licensing-howto.html#source-tree-location) normally recommend the names `LICENSE` and `NOTICE` (without the `.txt`).
3. We added the "custom" snippet `The deployed version of the website includes files generated by Jekyll (MIT)` to `NOTICE.txt` to [mirror the similar snippet](https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/73bb8ea0c770fda92f1231b471565ff6592a7386/NOTICE.txt#L56) in the `NOTICE.txt` for `apache/arrow`.

# Testing
N/A

# Future Directions
1. Now that we've added a note about Jeykll to the `NOTICE.txt` for `apache/arrow-site`, we may want to consider removing [this snippet](https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/73bb8ea0c770fda92f1231b471565ff6592a7386/NOTICE.txt#L56) from `apache/arrow`.

# Notes
1. Thanks to @lafiona and @sreeharihegden for their help with this pull request!

Closes #200 from kevingurney/ARROW-15931:

Authored-by: Kevin Gurney <kgurney@mathworks.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
6 months agoARROW-15902: [Website] Add new committers: Raphael Taylor-Davies, Wang Xudong,...
Andrew Lamb [Tue, 15 Mar 2022 12:26:59 +0000 (08:26 -0400)] 
ARROW-15902: [Website] Add new committers:  Raphael Taylor-Davies,  Wang Xudong, Yijie Shen, Kun Liu (#199)

* Add new commiters:  Raphael Taylor-Davies,  Wang Xudong, Yijie Shen, Kun Liu

* Update _data/committers.yml

Co-authored-by: xudong.w <wxd963996380@gmail.com>
* Update _data/committers.yml

Co-authored-by: xudong.w <wxd963996380@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Yijie Shen <henry.yijieshen@gmail.com>
6 months agoARROW-15721: [Website] Add Flight/Flight SQL to subprojects
David Li [Tue, 15 Mar 2022 00:19:53 +0000 (09:19 +0900)] 
ARROW-15721: [Website] Add Flight/Flight SQL to subprojects

Closes #197 from lidavidm/arrow-15721:

Authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
7 months agoARROW-15683: [Website] [DataFusion] Fix name of post to match its published date
Andrew Lamb [Tue, 1 Mar 2022 00:08:46 +0000 (09:08 +0900)] 
ARROW-15683: [Website] [DataFusion] Fix name of post to match its published date

As suggested by @kou in https://github.com/apache/arrow-site/pull/193#issuecomment-1054665634

Closes #196 from alamb/alamb/fix_date:

Authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
7 months agoARROW-15683: [Website] [DataFusion] DataFusion 7.0.0 blog post (#193)
Matthew Turner [Mon, 28 Feb 2022 14:18:32 +0000 (09:18 -0500)] 
ARROW-15683: [Website] [DataFusion] DataFusion 7.0.0 blog post (#193)

* v1 blog

* Fix intro

* Update for feedback

* More feedback

* Parquet schema evolution comment

* Update date

* Update wording

* Update _posts/2022-02-17-datafusion-7.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
7 months agoARROW-15684: [Website] Visual identity guidelines for Apache Arrow logo (#194)
Danielle Navarro [Thu, 17 Feb 2022 18:01:51 +0000 (05:01 +1100)] 
ARROW-15684: [Website] Visual identity guidelines for Apache Arrow logo (#194)

* adds logo variants

* initial draft of visual identity page

* add links and use bootstrap grid

* fixes spacing and transparency on social media previews

* tidies structure, adds responsive layout

* typo fixes, Americanize spelling, etc

* adds svg logos

* updates list of provided logo files

* adds link to rladies

* Changes case of description

Co-authored-by: Ian Cook <ianmcook@gmail.com>
7 months agoARROW-15472: [Website] Add Flight SQL announcement
David Li [Wed, 16 Feb 2022 12:58:03 +0000 (07:58 -0500)] 
ARROW-15472: [Website] Add Flight SQL announcement

Closes #183 from lidavidm/arrow-15472:

Authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
7 months agoARROW-15675: [Website] Blog post for Rust arrow 9 release (in fork) (#192)
Andrew Lamb [Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:22:28 +0000 (06:22 -0500)] 
ARROW-15675: [Website] Blog post for Rust arrow 9 release (in fork) (#192)

* Blog post for arrow 9 release

* Add teaser for arrow 10.0.0

* Update _posts/2022-02-04-rust-9.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Jonathan Keane <jkeane@gmail.com>
* Reame file to match date

* Add final links, fix some typos

Co-authored-by: Jonathan Keane <jkeane@gmail.com>
7 months agoFix typo in 7.0.0 blog post (#190)
Neal Richardson [Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:25:55 +0000 (13:25 -0500)] 
Fix typo in 7.0.0 blog post (#190)

7 months agoFile renamed to right timestamp
Alessandro Molina [Tue, 8 Feb 2022 14:06:11 +0000 (15:06 +0100)] 
File renamed to right timestamp

7 months agoVersion 7.0.0 release blog post (#178)
Alessandro Molina [Mon, 7 Feb 2022 15:15:03 +0000 (16:15 +0100)] 
Version 7.0.0 release blog post  (#178)

* v7.0.0 post skeleton

* Add rust details

* Import @bkmgit's suggestion for Ruby and C GLib

Co-authored-by: Benson Muite <bkmgit@users.noreply.github.com>
* Add C++ notes

* Update Ruby part

Co-authored-by: Kenta Murata <3959+mrkn@users.noreply.github.com>
* Update GLib part

Co-authored-by: Kenta Murata <3959+mrkn@users.noreply.github.com>
* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: Ian Alexander Joiner <iajoiner809@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: Dominik Moritz <domoritz@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: Ian Alexander Joiner <iajoiner809@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

* Update _posts/2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

* Update 2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

* Update 2022-01-19-7.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
Co-authored-by: Kenta Murata <3959+mrkn@users.noreply.github.com>
Co-authored-by: Benson Muite <bkmgit@users.noreply.github.com>
Co-authored-by: Antoine Pitrou <antoine@python.org>
Co-authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@cozmixng.org>
Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Ian Alexander Joiner <iajoiner809@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Dominik Moritz <domoritz@gmail.com>
7 months ago[Website] Add release note for 7.0.0 (#186)
Krisztián Szűcs [Fri, 4 Feb 2022 00:33:04 +0000 (01:33 +0100)] 
[Website] Add release note for 7.0.0 (#186)

7 months agoARROW-15339: [Website] Fix dead link in Skyhook post
David Li [Mon, 31 Jan 2022 23:22:35 +0000 (18:22 -0500)] 
ARROW-15339: [Website] Fix dead link in Skyhook post

Closes #185 from lidavidm/dead-link:

Authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
7 months agoARROW-15339: [Website] Add Skyhook blog post
David Li [Mon, 31 Jan 2022 19:39:55 +0000 (14:39 -0500)] 
ARROW-15339: [Website] Add Skyhook blog post

Closes #179 from lidavidm/arrow-15339:

Authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Signed-off-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
8 months agoARROW-14776: [Website] Don't include squashed commits in merge commit message
Sutou Kouhei [Fri, 28 Jan 2022 22:21:42 +0000 (07:21 +0900)] 
ARROW-14776: [Website] Don't include squashed commits in merge commit message

Like ARROW-7530.

Closes #164 from kou/merge-not-include-commits and squashes the following commits:

74905bc7a <Sutou Kouhei> ARROW-14776:  Don't include squashed commits in merge commit message

Authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
8 months agoARROW-15491: [Website] Rotate PMC chair for 2022
Sutou Kouhei [Fri, 28 Jan 2022 22:19:56 +0000 (07:19 +0900)] 
ARROW-15491: [Website] Rotate PMC chair for 2022

[ANNOUNCE] New Arrow PMC chair: Kouhei Sutou
https://lists.apache.org/thread/zlfkst96hv32bkb4pssx67pzfcx5d142

Closes #184 from kou/kou-pmc-chair:

Authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
8 months agoAdd Alessandro Molina to Committers list (#182)
Alessandro Molina [Mon, 24 Jan 2022 21:35:23 +0000 (22:35 +0100)] 
Add Alessandro Molina to Committers list (#182)

8 months agoAdd Yibo Cai to PMC list (#181)
Yibo Cai [Sun, 23 Jan 2022 12:30:53 +0000 (20:30 +0800)] 
Add Yibo Cai to PMC list (#181)

8 months agoFix "Documentation" section indent in 6.0.1 post
Alessandro Molina [Thu, 13 Jan 2022 09:41:50 +0000 (10:41 +0100)] 
Fix "Documentation" section indent in 6.0.1 post

8 months agoVersion 6.0.1 release blog post (#165)
Alessandro Molina [Thu, 13 Jan 2022 09:24:22 +0000 (10:24 +0100)] 
Version 6.0.1 release blog post (#165)

* Release blog post skeleton

* Release post content

* Update _posts/2021-11-22-6.0.1-release.md

Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
* Tweak

* Update _posts/2021-11-22-6.0.1-release.md

Co-authored-by: Benson Muite <bkmgit@users.noreply.github.com>
* Update 2021-11-22-6.0.1-release.md

indentation tweaks

* Update _posts/2021-11-22-6.0.1-release.md

Co-authored-by: Benson Muite <bkmgit@users.noreply.github.com>
Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Benson Muite <bkmgit@users.noreply.github.com>
Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
8 months agoARROW-1299: [Docs] Allow trigger nightly devdocs job manually (#176)
Joris Van den Bossche [Wed, 12 Jan 2022 14:23:44 +0000 (15:23 +0100)] 
ARROW-1299: [Docs] Allow trigger nightly devdocs job manually (#176)

8 months agoARROW-1299: [Docs] Publish nightly docs build from crossbow (#173)
Joris Van den Bossche [Wed, 12 Jan 2022 14:16:50 +0000 (15:16 +0100)] 
ARROW-1299: [Docs] Publish nightly docs build from crossbow (#173)

Co-authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@cozmixng.org>
9 months agoUpdated employer. (#175)
Paddy Horan [Fri, 24 Dec 2021 16:13:13 +0000 (11:13 -0500)] 
Updated employer. (#175)

9 months agoAdd Daniël Heres to list of PMC (#174)
Andrew Lamb [Wed, 22 Dec 2021 21:19:10 +0000 (16:19 -0500)] 
Add Daniël Heres to list of PMC (#174)

See mailing list thread: https://lists.apache.org/thread/ntx3251pwnbd759kghbyjn4s31kcf8v2

9 months agocheck for duplicates and update committers (#172)
Benson Muite [Tue, 14 Dec 2021 13:14:42 +0000 (16:14 +0300)] 
check for duplicates and update committers (#172)

Co-authored-by: Antoine Pitrou <pitrou@free.fr>
9 months agoAdd "Apache" to duckdb blog post title (#171)
Neal Richardson [Fri, 3 Dec 2021 20:23:16 +0000 (12:23 -0800)] 
Add "Apache" to duckdb blog post title (#171)

9 months agoCode block / list syntax fix (#170)
Jonathan Keane [Fri, 3 Dec 2021 19:16:19 +0000 (11:16 -0800)] 
Code block / list syntax fix (#170)

9 months agoCross-posted blog post with DuckDB (#168)
Jonathan Keane [Fri, 3 Dec 2021 18:53:06 +0000 (10:53 -0800)] 
Cross-posted blog post with DuckDB (#168)

* Cross-posted blog post with DuckDB

* Update _posts/2021-12-9-arrow-duckdb.md

* Update _posts/2021-12-9-arrow-duckdb.md

* fix the date

* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

* Update _posts/2021-12-3-arrow-duckdb.md

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
10 months agoAdd ArcPy to powered_by.md (#166)
hansintheair [Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:49:44 +0000 (12:49 -0800)] 
Add ArcPy to powered_by.md (#166)

Python team at Esri would like to add ArcPy to the list on https://arrow.apache.org/powered_by/.

hziegler@esri.com

10 months agoAdd DataFusion 6.0.0 blog (#160)
Andrew Lamb [Fri, 19 Nov 2021 18:53:00 +0000 (13:53 -0500)] 
Add DataFusion 6.0.0 blog (#160)

* Add DataFusion 6.0.0 blog

* Add direct links to async planning PR and doc

* Update _posts/2021-11-8-datafusion-6.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Carlos <wxd963996380@gmail.com>
* Clean up comments / commands

* Update _posts/2021-11-8-datafusion-6.0.0.md

* add more changelog

* Update _posts/2021-11-8-datafusion-6.0.0.md

Co-authored-by: Carlos <wxd963996380@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Qingping Hou <dave2008713@gmail.com>
10 months ago[Website] Update Rust release details info in release blog post template (#136)
Ian Cook [Fri, 19 Nov 2021 00:48:46 +0000 (19:48 -0500)] 
[Website] Update Rust release details info in release blog post template (#136)

* Update Rust info

* Improve comment

* Fix whitespace

10 months agoARROW-14626: [Website] Update versions tested on
Benson Muite [Fri, 19 Nov 2021 00:23:41 +0000 (09:23 +0900)] 
ARROW-14626: [Website] Update versions tested on

Closes #159 from bkmgit/ARROW-14626 and squashes the following commits:

692491728 <Benson Muite> Apply updates suggested by Kou
e8868c2f2 <Benson Muite> revert change as suggested in review
9184dc47a <Benson Muite> add name to contributors
22f502c7e <Benson Muite> Indicate architectures
3518fb299 <Benson Muite> update versions
74774b5bb <Benson Muite> update version dependency information

Authored-by: Benson Muite <bkmgit@users.noreply.github.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
10 months agoARROW-14764: [Website] Add install instructions for Go module
Matthew Topol [Thu, 18 Nov 2021 20:37:10 +0000 (05:37 +0900)] 
ARROW-14764: [Website] Add install instructions for Go module

Closes #163 from zeroshade/install-go and squashes the following commits:

c34b0fff2 <Matthew Topol> change "package" to "module"
6baf19a9a <Matthew Topol> ARROW-14764:  Add install instructions for Go module

Authored-by: Matthew Topol <mtopol@factset.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
10 months ago[Website] Add release note for 6.0.1 (#161)
Sutou Kouhei [Thu, 18 Nov 2021 06:46:55 +0000 (15:46 +0900)] 
[Website] Add release note for 6.0.1 (#161)

10 months agoARROW-14511: [Website][Rust] Rust 6.0.0 release blog post (#156)
Benson Muite [Tue, 9 Nov 2021 12:41:56 +0000 (15:41 +0300)] 
ARROW-14511: [Website][Rust] Rust 6.0.0 release blog post (#156)

* Initial creation based on previous version

* Update _posts/2021-11-02-6.0.0-rs-release.md

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2021-11-02-6.0.0-rs-release.md

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* Add changes.

* add example

* update date

* add link to source

* Update date

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* grammar fix

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* fix link

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* fix link

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* fix link

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* remove redundant item

Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
* grammar fix

Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
* style improvement

Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
* additional feature

Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
* remove unnecessary sentence

* update authors

* revert change

* Update date

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
10 months agoR blog post (#158)
Nic Crane [Mon, 8 Nov 2021 19:41:12 +0000 (19:41 +0000)] 
R blog post (#158)

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Jonathan Keane <jkeane@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Tomek Drabas <drabas.t@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Ian Cook <ianmcook@gmail.com>
10 months agoFIx indentation
Neal Richardson [Thu, 4 Nov 2021 19:02:32 +0000 (15:02 -0400)] 
FIx indentation

10 months agoFix date on 6.0.0 blog post
Neal Richardson [Thu, 4 Nov 2021 18:59:46 +0000 (14:59 -0400)] 
Fix date on 6.0.0 blog post

10 months ago6.0 release blog post (#153)
Alessandro Molina [Thu, 4 Nov 2021 18:57:39 +0000 (19:57 +0100)] 
6.0 release blog post (#153)

* Version 6.0.0 release post skeleton

* Apply suggestions

Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Alessandro Molina <amol@turbogears.org>
* Apply suggestions

Co-authored-by: emkornfield <emkornfield@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2021-10-22-6.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
* Apply suggestions

Co-authored-by: Dominik Moritz <domoritz@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
* Update _posts/2021-10-22-6.0.0-release.md

* Update _posts/2021-10-22-6.0.0-release.md

feedback from nugend

Co-authored-by: Daniel Nugent <nugend@gmail.com>
* Apply suggestions from code review

Co-authored-by: liyafan82 <liya.fan03@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Dominik Moritz <domoritz@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Kenta Murata <mrkn@users.noreply.github.com>
* Update _posts/2021-10-22-6.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: Alessandro Molina <amol@turbogears.org>
Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: emkornfield <emkornfield@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Dominik Moritz <domoritz@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Andrew Lamb <andrew@nerdnetworks.org>
Co-authored-by: Daniel Nugent <nugend@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: liyafan82 <liya.fan03@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Kenta Murata <mrkn@users.noreply.github.com>
11 months ago[Website] Add release note for 6.0.0 (#155)
Krisztián Szűcs [Fri, 29 Oct 2021 12:14:41 +0000 (14:14 +0200)] 
[Website] Add release note for 6.0.0 (#155)

* [Website] Add release note for 6.0.0

* Add contribs from arrow-rs (#1)

* Update committers and authors

* tabs != spaces

* a

* Fix spacing

* tabs and spaces

* spacing again

Co-authored-by: Nic Crane <thisisnic@gmail.com>
11 months agoAdd jiayuliu as committer (#152)
Jiayu Liu [Mon, 11 Oct 2021 15:30:24 +0000 (23:30 +0800)] 
Add jiayuliu as committer (#152)

12 months agoMINOR: [Website] Keep the datafusion subdirectory during deployment (#151)
Krisztián Szűcs [Wed, 22 Sep 2021 06:25:49 +0000 (08:25 +0200)] 
MINOR: [Website] Keep the datafusion subdirectory during deployment (#151)

* Keep the datafusion subdirectory during deployment

* Don't rsync from newly generated jekyll directory

12 months agoMINOR: [Website] add datafusion to homepage banner (#150)
QP Hou [Wed, 22 Sep 2021 06:08:33 +0000 (23:08 -0700)] 
MINOR: [Website] add datafusion to homepage banner (#150)

12 months agoMINOR: [Website] Add QP to committers.yml (#147)
QP Hou [Fri, 10 Sep 2021 06:02:53 +0000 (23:02 -0700)] 
MINOR: [Website] Add QP to committers.yml (#147)

12 months agoRevert "MINOR: [Website] Add QP to committers.yml"
Qingping Hou [Fri, 10 Sep 2021 05:55:43 +0000 (22:55 -0700)] 
Revert "MINOR: [Website] Add QP to committers.yml"

This reverts commit 18850af65bb79500349aaca1543fcbcd11813ead.

12 months agoMINOR: [Website] Add QP to committers.yml
QP Hou [Fri, 10 Sep 2021 05:53:39 +0000 (22:53 -0700)] 
MINOR: [Website] Add QP to committers.yml

12 months agoMINOR: [Website] Add Matt Topol to committers.yml (#146)
Matt Topol [Fri, 10 Sep 2021 00:14:34 +0000 (20:14 -0400)] 
MINOR: [Website] Add Matt Topol to committers.yml (#146)

12 months agoMINOR: [Website] Fix typos in the Japanese Apache Arrow Flight post (#145)
Sutou Kouhei [Thu, 2 Sep 2021 00:46:19 +0000 (09:46 +0900)] 
MINOR: [Website] Fix typos in the Japanese Apache Arrow Flight post (#145)

13 months agoAdd InfluxDB IOx to the list of projects powered by arrow (#144)
Andrew Lamb [Thu, 26 Aug 2021 21:03:27 +0000 (17:03 -0400)] 
Add InfluxDB IOx to the list of projects powered by arrow (#144)

* Add InfluxDB IOx to the list of projects powered by arrow

* undo overzealous whitespace changes

* Update powered_by.md

Co-authored-by: Paul Dix <paul@pauldix.net>
Co-authored-by: Paul Dix <paul@pauldix.net>
13 months agoAdd `graphique` to 'powered by' page. (#143)
A. Coady [Wed, 25 Aug 2021 00:26:48 +0000 (17:26 -0700)] 
Add `graphique` to 'powered by' page. (#143)

13 months agoARROW-13705: [Website] pin node version to 16 to allow CI and local dev parity
Jiayu Liu [Tue, 24 Aug 2021 07:24:41 +0000 (16:24 +0900)] 
ARROW-13705: [Website] pin node version to 16 to allow CI and local dev parity

pin node version to 16 to allow CI and local dev parity.

another reason for this pin is that e.g. node 16 uses npm v7 which has version 2 lock format, incompatible with prior versions.

Closes #142 from Jimexist/add-nvmrc and squashes the following commits:

db0036d3d <Jiayu Liu> update caching mechanism
992a3da7f <Jiayu Liu> update rakefile
895af6f66 <Jiayu Liu> pin node version to 16

Authored-by: Jiayu Liu <jiayu@hey.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
13 months agoARROW-13693: [Website] Use Ruby version 3.0 and migrate action
Jiayu Liu [Tue, 24 Aug 2021 04:33:50 +0000 (13:33 +0900)] 
ARROW-13693: [Website] Use Ruby version 3.0 and migrate action

Closes #141 from Jimexist/use-ruby-version and squashes the following commits:

a71a5e250 <Jiayu Liu> use ruby version 3.0.2 and migrate action

Authored-by: Jiayu Liu <jiayu.liu@airbnb.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
13 months agoARROW-13656: [Website] Blog posts for DataFusion 5.0.0 and Ballista 0.5.0 (#140)
Andy Grove [Fri, 20 Aug 2021 13:56:04 +0000 (07:56 -0600)] 
ARROW-13656: [Website] Blog posts for DataFusion 5.0.0 and Ballista 0.5.0 (#140)

13 months agoFix and improve links (#138)
Ian Cook [Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:18:38 +0000 (10:18 -0400)] 
Fix and improve links (#138)

13 months agoFix 5.0.0 blog post date (#137)
Ian Cook [Wed, 4 Aug 2021 13:56:30 +0000 (09:56 -0400)] 
Fix 5.0.0 blog post date (#137)

13 months agoBlog post for 5.0.0 release (#127)
Neal Richardson [Wed, 4 Aug 2021 13:17:02 +0000 (09:17 -0400)] 
Blog post for 5.0.0 release (#127)

* Start 5.0.0 blog post

* Update _posts/2021-07-20-5.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
* JS notes

Co-authored-by: Dominik Moritz <domoritz@gmail.com>
* Python from @amol-

* Drop C#

* Add Ruby and C GLib notes

* Add C++ notes

* Add Java notes

* Include arrow-rs details

* Update links for arrow-rs changes

* Refer to Rust changelog and blog post

* Change quotes to backticks

* Update _posts/2021-07-20-5.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: Weston Pace <weston.pace@gmail.com>
* Go

Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
* Organize and trim the go notes

* Delete comment

* Update _posts/2021-07-20-5.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
* Update _posts/2021-07-20-5.0.0-release.md

Adding spacing

* Update numbers of commits and contributors

* Update date

* Update _posts/2021-07-20-5.0.0-release.md

* Update _posts/2021-07-20-5.0.0-release.md

Co-authored-by: liyafan82 <liya.fan03@gmail.com>
* fix typo + add refer to C++

* Remove unneeded quotes

* Remove errant space

* Fix bad link

* Mention arrange() dplyr verb too

Co-authored-by: David Li <li.davidm96@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Dominik Moritz <domoritz@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
Co-authored-by: Antoine Pitrou <antoine@python.org>
Co-authored-by: Bryan Cutler <cutlerb@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Ian Cook <ianmcook@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Weston Pace <weston.pace@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Matt Topol <zotthewizard@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: liyafan82 <liya.fan03@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: Joris Van den Bossche <jorisvandenbossche@gmail.com>
14 months agoARROW-13488: [Website] Update Linux packages install information for 5.0.0
Sutou Kouhei [Sat, 31 Jul 2021 00:47:34 +0000 (09:47 +0900)] 
ARROW-13488: [Website] Update Linux packages install information for 5.0.0

Closes #134 from kou/install-linux and squashes the following commits:

da2140349 <Sutou Kouhei> ARROW-13488:  Update Linux packages install information for 5.0.0

Authored-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
14 months agoStop comment rendering on blog (#135)
Andrew Lamb [Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:04:46 +0000 (08:04 -0400)] 
Stop comment rendering on blog (#135)

14 months agoRust 5.0.0 release blog (#128)
Andrew Lamb [Thu, 29 Jul 2021 11:51:24 +0000 (07:51 -0400)] 
Rust 5.0.0 release blog (#128)

* Rust 5.0.0 release blog

* Apply suggestions from code review

Co-authored-by: Andy Grove <andygrove73@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: David Roher <droher@users.noreply.github.com>
* Reword arrow features / releases

* Add note about FFI/C data interface integration

* Update _posts/2021-07-20-5.0.0-rs-release.md

Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
* Update dates, add link to 5.0.0 release announcement, qualify MIRI progress, and note MapArray support coming soon

Co-authored-by: Andy Grove <andygrove73@gmail.com>
Co-authored-by: David Roher <droher@users.noreply.github.com>
Co-authored-by: Neal Richardson <neal.p.richardson@gmail.com>
14 months agoFix links in the 5.0.0 release notes
Krisztián Szűcs [Thu, 29 Jul 2021 00:28:53 +0000 (02:28 +0200)] 
Fix links in the 5.0.0 release notes

14 months agoFix Rust committers (#133)
Ian Cook [Thu, 29 Jul 2021 00:23:27 +0000 (20:23 -0400)] 
Fix Rust committers (#133)

14 months ago[Website] Add release note for 5.0.0 including the rust contributions (#131)
Krisztián Szűcs [Wed, 28 Jul 2021 23:47:34 +0000 (01:47 +0200)] 
[Website] Add release note for 5.0.0 including the rust contributions (#131)

* [Website] Add release note for 5.0.0

* Remove 'Github' committer

14 months agoUpdate committers.yml (#125)
Wes McKinney [Fri, 16 Jul 2021 17:10:49 +0000 (12:10 -0500)] 
Update committers.yml (#125)

14 months agoRemoving extra "}}" from the Feather Python link. (#126)
Raul Ascencio [Wed, 14 Jul 2021 21:10:21 +0000 (15:10 -0600)] 
Removing extra "}}" from the Feather Python link. (#126)

Currently, the page: https://arrow.apache.org/use_cases/ contains a python link for "Feather" with python using "https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/feather.html%20%7D%7D" which redirects to a 404.

Instead, it seems that we should be using the following: "https://arrow.apache.org/docs/python/feather.html".

14 months agoARROW-13320: [Website] Add MIME types to FAQ
Wes McKinney [Tue, 13 Jul 2021 00:47:00 +0000 (09:47 +0900)] 
ARROW-13320: [Website] Add MIME types to FAQ

Closes #124 from wesm/add-mime-types and squashes the following commits:

b01daff40 <Wes McKinney> Update package-lock.json
d68ecd857 <Wes McKinney> Markdown improvements, move MIME types section to Project Status section
a858925e1 <Wes McKinney> Add MIME types to Arrow website

Authored-by: Wes McKinney <wesm@apache.org>
Signed-off-by: Sutou Kouhei <kou@clear-code.com>
14 months agoAdd polars project to Powered By (#123)
Ritchie Vink [Mon, 5 Jul 2021 16:43:55 +0000 (18:43 +0200)] 
Add polars project to Powered By (#123)

This PR proposes adding Polars to the list of projects that use Apache Arrow.

15 months ago[Website] Added post with 4.0.1 release (#122)
Jorge Leitao [Sat, 19 Jun 2021 20:49:27 +0000 (22:49 +0200)] 
[Website] Added post with 4.0.1 release (#122)

15 months agoARROW-13047: [Website] Add kiszk to committer list
ishizaki [Tue, 15 Jun 2021 01:44:26 +0000 (01:44 +0000)] 
ARROW-13047: [Website] Add kiszk to committer list

Closes #118 from kiszk/Arrow-13047 and squashes the following commits:

036bb29b4 <ishizaki> add kiszk as a committer

Authored-by: ishizaki <ishizaki@jp.ibm.com>
Signed-off-by: Kazuaki Ishizaki <ishizaki@jp.ibm.com>